Sometimes you have no idea what readers want and so you’re left with more questions than answers. You want to draw traffic to your website but you have no idea what bait to use. Yes, I said bait. You want to lure internet users into the website and ensure they favorably respond to your call to action. Well, that’s what most of us want. To make sales.
For a successful hunt, you must create content that your target audience wants to consume, otherwise it’s going to be a waste of time. There are five types of blog posts that are definitely going to increase your chances of hitting a home-run sooner than later.
- How-to articles. Most people visit the internet searching for information and majority want to learn how to do various things. Write articles that help solve some of these issues for them and they’ll never forget what you did for them.
- Lists. Everybody loves lists, numbered lists. This is so because lists seemingly simplify information and makes it less cumbersome to read. Very few people enjoy reading chunks of text, especially when they’re pressed for time. A brief, clear and precise list will definitely draw people to your blog and they won’t hesitate to share.
- Videos. Who doesn’t like videos?Well, unless it’s a longer than life, boring and horridly shot video clip, many people are likely watch and share. Study your audience and post interesting videos and you’ll have a loyal following, which could mean sales and referrals for you. You can not only share videos on your Youtube channel but also embedded on blog articles.
- Trending Topics. Find out what’s trending and discuss it on your blog. Pay attention to the key words of the moment and use them to direct traffic to your website. Controversy sells. Write debatable and interesting content, the type that’s bent to get people talking. You must fight to stay relevant as there’s no place for mediocrity in any market.
- Infographics. Interesting and shareable infographics are the way to go if you want more than impressive blog views. An infographic simplifies information and makes it easier to share. You therefore need to make your infographics good enough to go viral, nothing less.
There’s definitely more types of blog posts you can use to woo internet users into your blog . We’ll discuss them on a later date. Start with the above 5 and see the results.